For the vinaigrette
- 1 small shallot – skinned and quartered
- 1 small garlic clove – skinned
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger root (use a microplane grater)
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon aged sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 1 tablespoon sea salt for the blanching water
- 1 1/4 lbs (565 g) sugar snap peas – stem end trimmed
- 6 medium leaves Boston lettuce
- 2 oz (55 g) pea microgreens (or trimmed pea sprouts)
- To make the vinaigrette — Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until very smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To blanch the peas — Fill a large bowl with cold water and several ice cubes. Set aside. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, add the salt and the sugar snap peas. Blanch the peas for 3 minutes until tender, but still crunchy. Drain and transfer to the ice water bath until cool. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- To assemble the salad – Place a lettuce leaf in the center of each plate. Place a few sugar snap peas in the center of the leaf. Top with a small amount of the pea microgreens. Repeat until both peas and microgreens have been used up. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
- 160CALORIES, SODIUM 1280mg, FAT 11g, PROTEIN 4g, CARBS 12g, FIBER 3g