- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1 in (2.5 cm) wedges
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth, preferably salt free
- 2 cups (500 mL) microgreens, plus more for garnish
- 3 oz feta cheese, chopped (about 1/2 cup/125 mL), plus more for garnish
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked or canned navy beans
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C) and place a rimmed baking sheet in oven as it heats. Toss broccoli, onion, and garlic with oil and salt. Spread out on hot baking sheet and roast until broccoli is darkened in spots, about 25 minutes, stirring once.
- Place broth, roasted vegetables, microgreens, feta, beans, lemon juice, and chili powder (if using) in blender or food processor container and blend until smooth. Warm soup in saucepan, and thin as needed with additional broth or water. Serve soup garnished with additional microgreens and feta, sunflower seeds, and a drizzle of oil.
- 210CALORIES, SODIUM 940mg, FAT 12g, PROTEIN 9g, CARBS 20g, FIBER 4g