Ingredients list salad
- 1/2 lb asparagus (this is usually 1/2 of 1 bunch)
- 2 small roma tomato, diced
- 4 cups (~ 4 ounces) microgreens
- 1/2 cup (~ 2 ounces) slivered almonds, toasted
Ingredient List Dressing
- 1 medium Grapefruit, zested & juiced
- 2 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp parsley stem, sliced
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and bake almonds ~ 6-8 minutes or until fragrant and very lightly browned. Remove from pan to cool.
- Make the vinaigrette. Zest and juice the grapefruit and toss both in small bowl. Add sliced parsley stems and whisk in the oil. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Blanch asparagus ~ 2 minutes (until tender but still a bit crisp), strain, and place in a bowl of ice water. You want them to retain a little crunch and bring out their vibrant color. Strain and dry quickly with a paper towel. Slice the asparagus in 1″ pieces and add to bowl. Dice tomatoes, add to asparagus, and toss with vinaigrette.
- In a separate bowl, toss the microgreens with the vinaigrette and place on plates. Add the asparagus and tomatoes mixture and top with toasted almonds. Add sea salt to taste.
- 110CALORIES, SODIUM 50mg, FAT 8g, PROTEIN 3g, CARBS 8g,FIBER 3g