- 5 ounces Asparagus Spears green or white
- 5 ounces Tuna about 1 can drained
- 2 piece Tomatoes quartered
- 2 piece Boiled Eggs quartered
- Microgreens optional, *see Notes
For the Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/8 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoon Original Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoon Olive Oil extra virgin
- Bring some water to boil and place your eggs into the boiling water. Boil for about 6-8 minutes covered or until hard boiled with a yellow yolk in the center. Take through cold water once boiled to stop the cooking process instantly. Peel and keep aside.
- Rinse your fresh ingredients and keep the quartered tomato and microgreens ready at the side.
- Trim the fibrous ends off your asparagus. If you use white asparagus, peel as well. Chopp your asparagus into 2 inch long pieces.
- Keep a pot to boil with water and place your asparagus into the water for about 1-3 minutes. 1 minute for young and thin Asparagus and 3 for very thick spears. The Asparagus will get blanched, which means it will just cook enough to remain crunchy. Keep a bowl with ice water ready and place your blanched asparagus into the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Assemble all the salad ingredients, including asparagus, tomato, boiled egg, tuna chunks, and the microgreens and keep in the fridge to cool a bit.
- Prepare your vinaigrette dressing by mixing together the vinegar, salt and pepper, and dijon mustard. Then add the olive oil and mix or shake into a smooth dressing.
- Pour the dressing just before serving time over the salad.