For the Salad
- 3-4 oz microgreens
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots (about half a medium or large carrot)
- 4.5 oz enoki mushrooms (with end part removed)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil for frying
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a mixing bowl or shallow plate, toss together microgreens and julienned carrots, set aside. Add all ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette to a small jar/container with a secure lid, put on the lid and shake well to combine. You can also put lemon juice, minced shallots, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and slowly drizzle extra virgin olive oil into the bowl while whisking to make the vinaigrette.
- In a shallow plate, combine cornstarch with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Separate enoki mushrooms at the base and lightly dredge them with cornstarch.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add cooking oil. When the oil is hot, shake off excess cornstarch from some enoki mushrooms and drop them into the pan. Fry until the bottom is light golden, flip and fry the other side until golden and crispy. Work in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Place fried enoki mushrooms on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Toss the microgreens and carrots with the lemon vinaigrette. Transfer to serving plates and top with crispy fried enoki mushrooms.
- Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3610IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg